Buyer III is an advanced position in purchasing. Under minimum supervision, the Buyer III will perform purchasing related tasks associated with current production and new product development to ensure a continuous flow of all parts and materials at the optimum cost and quality to CKNA. Buyer is responsible to develop supply strategies and cost reduction initiatives for assigned commodities in support of corporate and individual goals. Buyer will develop strong commodity and manufacturing process knowledge, as well as, an understanding of market conditions and technical trends. Buyer should understand the legal aspects of purchasing. Buyer should demonstrate excellent cost analysis, negotiation and problem resolution skills. This position will also aid, support and direct other buyers when needed and coordinate special projects as required.
* Sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests RFQs, evaluates, analyzes results and recommends suppliers based on documented QCDDM in conformance with company standards.
* Creates blanket and tooling requisitions and processes purchase orders to support same,
* Works with engineering, manufacturing, and user groups to find cost savings opportunities including initiating process audits at supplier locations.
* Benchmarks assigned commodities and communicates directly with GAP buyers when applicable. Commodity analysis in addition to part:by:part analysis is required including market trends of assigned commodities.
* Performs in:depth cost analysis with complete understanding of cost factors. Focuses on process cost information for opportunities to reduce cost.
* Sources best value products through domestic, international, and LCC suppliers. Buyer should completely understand product flow through import / export and customs / broker process.
* Achieves cost reduction goals for assigned commodities in support of corporate directive.
* Possesses thorough understanding of contractual language and the skills of contract writing.
* Evaluates supplier performance stability and institutes improvements and corrective action as required. Emphasis on right:sizing supply base and long:range planning tosupport CKNA objectives as necessary. Develop and maintain supplier panel and performance records.
* Interfaces with Supplier Quality Assurance on production part PPAPs and quality issues and Warranty group regarding supplier warranty issues.
* Participates in and supports supplier AQP activities in support of New Product Launch activities.
* Initiates request for quotation from PCR / ERAs and provides cost to CMD.
* Implements design changes in response to approved PCR / ERAs.
* Maintains purchase order files (i.e. quotes, blanket orders, warrants, prints, design changes, etc.) to support TS16949 requirements.
* Compiles and evaluates data for various weekly, monthly, and annual reports (cost reduction